About the Court Theatre
In 1938, Frederick H. Witters built the art deco Court Theatre on Saginaw's beautiful West Side.
It was constructed specifically as a neighborhood theater and it thrived for over fifty- six years then closing briefly in 1994. The theater opened again a few months later under new ownership only to close again just a short time later.
In March of 2000 Dave, Joe and Charlie Wehner purchased the Court Theatre. With the help of their family and friends, the three brothers took on the challenge of completely renovating the theatre. (A true family business.) New seats, new sound system, new projector, new concession stand, new heating/air conditioning units and lots and lots of fresh paint.